DR. SUNNY GARG
Best Oncologist in Delhi
Dr Sunny Garg is a renowned Medical Oncologist in New Delhi with an experience of more than 6 years of treating cancer patients.
He has studied in one of the most reputed educational institutes of India. He has done his MBBS and MD Internal Medicine from Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University. Thereafter, he has undergone training in Medical Oncology (DM Medical Oncology) from Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bengaluru. He has worked in leading cancer centers in Delhi, and currently practicing at Manipal Hospital, Dwarka, New Delhi.
Dr Sunny Garg has extensive knowledge and experience in the field of oncology, and has treated all cancer types, in various stages, including hard to treat cases. He is well versed with various modalities for cancer treatment like Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, Targeted Therapy, Hormonal Therapy and Personalised Cancer Therapy.
He has won many awards and recognitions, and has several publications and research articles in his armamentarium.
Cancer Specialist in Delhi Gurgaon India
Dr Sunny Garg is a Medical Oncologist who has undergone specialized training in diagnosing and treating cancer. He is a specialist in diagnosing and treating all forms of cancer including solid tumors and hematological malignancies. He is a renowned Medical Oncologist in New Delhi with an experience of more than 6 years of treating cancer patients. He has practiced in leading cancer hospitals in Delhi, and currently practicing at Manipal Hospital, Dwarka. He has a vast experience of treating cancer patients in all stages of disease. He is well versed with Immunotherapy, Targeted therapy, Hormonal Therapy and Chemotherapy for Cancer treatment and also general supportive care for patients. He works in close collaboration with surgical and radiation oncologists, oncopathologists, nuclear medicine, and genetic counselors for comprehensive cancer care for the patients.
BEST CANCER TREATMENT IN DELHI GURGAON INDIA
Best Treatment Advise or Second Opinion for any of the following Cancers
- BREAST CANCER | ब्रेस्ट कैंसर (स्तन कैंसर)
- LUNG CANCER | लंग कैंसर (फेफड़ों का कैंसर)
- THROAT (PHARYNX AND LARYNX) CANCER | गले का कैंसर
- ORAL CANCER | मुंह (मौखिक गुहा) का कैंसर
- PROSTATE CANCER | प्रोस्टेट कैंसर
- OVARIAN CANCER | ओवेरियन कैंसर (अंडाशय कैंसर)
- CERVICAL CANCER | सर्वाइकल कैंसर
- COLON CANCER | कोलन कैंसर (बड़ी आंत का कैंसर)
- ESOPHAGEAL CANCER | एसोफैगस कैंसर (खाने की नली का कैंसर)
- STOMACH CANCER | पेट का कैंसर (गैस्ट्रिक कैंसर)
- PANCREATIC CANCER | पैनक्रिएटिक कैंसर (अग्नाशय कैंसर)
- KIDNEY CANCER | गुर्दे का कैंसर (किडनी कैंसर)
- BLADDER CANCER | मूत्राशय कैंसर (यूरिनरी ब्लैडर कैंसर)
- TESTICULAR CANCER | वृषण (टेस्टिकुलर) कैंसर
- UTERINE CANCER | गर्भाशय (बच्चेदानी) का कैंसर
- MULTIPLE MYELOMA | मल्टीपल मायलोमा
Oncologist in Manipal Hospital, Dwarka, New Delhi
Manipal Hospital is a superspeciality hospital located in Sector-6, Dwarka, New Delhi. It has a dedicated Oncology Department consisting of Medical Oncologists, Surgical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, HematoOncologist, OncoPathologists, Nuclear Medicine, Pain and Palliative Care and PsychoOncologist.
It has advanced techniques for cancer treatment with Radiation Therapy, Surgery, Immunotherapy, Chemotherapy, Targeted Therapy, and Bone Marrow Transplant. All cancer types are treated here, including Solid Tumors, Leukemias, Lymphomas, etc.
Cancer treatment is a multi-modality affair and requires a combined expertise of Medical, Surgical and Radiation Oncologists in most cases for comprehensive patient care. Many times, patients don’t even know whom to consult for their treatment. It is very important to ensure that there is a TUMOR BOARD facility in the hospital. It is very important that each case is discussed in a tumor board. And a comprehensive treatment plan is formulated for each patient after thorough discussion among various specialists. This is a prerequisite before starting the treatment for each and every patient. We have a dedicated Tumor Board where we regularly discuss all the cases of cancer and formulate a comprehensive treatment plan.
If a patient requires radiation as per the treatment protocol, one should clarify whether the radiation facility is available at the center or not. Also, one should do some research regarding the technique of radiation that will be used, and make sure it is in accordance with the latest standards.
Dr Sunny Garg is a part of the Oncology Team at Manipal Hospital, Dwarka as a Consultant, Medical Oncologist.
Who is an Oncologist?
Oncologist is a specialist doctor who is trained in diagnosing and treating cancer. Depending upon the discipline he is trained in, he can be a medical oncologist (treats cancer with chemotherapy, immunotherapy, hormonal therapy and targeted therapy), surgical oncologist (treats cancer with surgery) and radiation oncologist (treats cancer with radiation therapy). Choosing an oncologist is vary important as he will be looking after your case thereafter. You should have trust in your treating oncologist as that is very important from perspective of both.
What is the Role of an Oncologist?
An Oncologist manages the patient care throughout the course of treatment. Starting from diagnosing and staging cancer, to treatment, taking care of side effects and follow up. He explains the patient and caregivers everything about the disease, including the type of cancer, where it is arising from, and stage of the disease.
He then formulates the best treatment plan for the patient, after discussing with other oncologists in the tumor board, and also with the patient and their family members.
He takes care of the symptoms of disease and side effects of treatment and also follows up the patient after the treatment is complete.
Why Dr Sunny Garg is the Best Oncologist?
When someone is diagnosed with cancer in family, we always want the treatment from the best Oncologist in the city. But how to decide which oncologist would be best for the treatment? There is no single parameter which can define BEST. Many factors need to be taken into consideration before finally going ahead with the treatment plan.
QUALIFICATION of the doctor is the first and foremost thing to be considered, whether he/she is qualified enough to treat the disease. It is important to ensure he has received advanced training in oncology and is a certified oncology practitioner.
Following are the educational qualifications of Dr Sunny Garg in chronological order.
DM MEDICAL ONCOLOGY, KIDWAI MEMORIAL INSTITUTE OF ONCOLOGY, BENGALURU
SENIOR RESIDENT (MEDICAL ONCOLOGY) DEPARTMENT OF MEDICAL ONCOLOGY, VMMC AND SAFDARJUNG HOSPITAL
MD (INTERNAL MEDICINE), DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINE, INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY
INTERNSHIP, INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY
MBBS, INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY
Next comes the EXPERIENCE of the oncologist. Experience matters a lot, and more the years of practice, more are the cases treated, including the difficult ones. So it it always better to always enquire about the years of practice and number of similar cases he sees in a year. Especially for the rare cancer types and multiple failed treatments previously, similar experience previously may come handy.
Dr Sunny Garg has almost 10 years of clinical experience in treating cancer patients.
Publications, Book Chapters
- Kadabur Nagendrappa Lokesh, Sunny Garg, Lakshmaiah Chinnagiriyappa Kuntegowdanahalli, Govinda Babu Kanakasetty, Premalata Chennagiri Srinivasamurthy, Suparna Ajit Rao, Linu Abraham Jacob, Loknatha Dasappa, Suresh Babu Mallekavu Chikkadasappa, Rudresha Antapura Halleshappa, Rajeev Lakkavalli Krishnappa. Clinical profile, treatment, and outcomes of patients with mantle cell lymphoma treated in a tertiary care center in South India. CCIJ. (Year : 2016 Volume : 5 Issue : 5 Page : 369-373).
- Babu, Suresh & K, Govind Babu & Kc, Lakshmaiah & Lokanatha, Dasappa & Mn, Suma & Rajeev, Lakkavalli & Jacob, Linu & Lokesh, Kadabur & Rudresha, Ah & Garg, Sunny & Sathyanarayanan, Vishwanath. (2015). Head and Neck Lymphomas: Tip of the Iceberg?. International Journal of Sciences. 4. 10.18483/ijsci.737.
- Govind Babu, KC Lakshmaiah, Loknatha Dasappa, Suresh Babu, Linu Jacob Abraham, CS Premalatha, Clementina Rama Rao, LK Rajeev, AH Rudresha, KN Lokesh, Sunny Garg, Ankit Agarwal. Ki67 and subtype as prognostic and predictive markers for diffuse large B cell lymphoma. Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal. (Year : 2017 Volume : 6 Issue : 1 Page : 97-102).
- KC Lakshmaiah, K Govind Babu, Loknatha Dasappa, Linu Jacob Abraham, MC Suresh Babu, CS Premalatha, Clementina Rama Rao, LK Rajeev, AH Rudresha, KN Lokesh, Suparna Ajit Rao, Sunny Garg (Corresponding Author). Bcl-2 and subtype as prognostic and predictive markers for DLBCL. Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal. (Year : 2017 Volume : 6 Issue: 1 Page : 103-107)
- MC Suresh Babu, Sunny Garg, KC Lakshmaiah, K Govind Babu, Rekha V Kumar, D Loknatha, Linu Jacob Abraham, LK Rajeev, KN Lokesh, AH Rudresha, Suparna Ajit Rao. Colorectal cancer presenting as bone metastasis. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics (Year : 2017 Volume : 13 Issue : 1 Page : 80-83).
- Loknatha Dasappa, KC Lakshmaiah, Govind Babu, Linu Jacob Abraham, Suresh Babu, Rekha V Kumar, KN Lokesh, LK Rajeev, AH Rudresha, Suparna Ajit Rao, Sunny Garg (Corresponding Author). Colorectal cancer presenting as ovarian metastasis. Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal (Year : 2017 Volume : 6 Issue : 1 Page : 92-96).
- Suresh MC Babu, Sunny Garg, Govinda Babu Kanakasetty, Lakshmaiah Chinnagiriyappa Kuntegowdanahalli, Lokanatha Dasappa, Suparna Ajit Rao. Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: A retrospective study from a regional care center in South India. Indian Journal of Cancer. (Year : 2018 Volume : 55 Issue : 1 Page : 66-69).
- Rudresha A Haleshappa, Suparna Ajit Rao, Sunny Garg, C Lakshmaiah Kuntegowdanahalli, Govinda Babu Kanakasetty, Lokanatha Dasappa. Is colorectal cancer in young (<40 Years) different from those in the elderly (>40 Years): Experience from a regional care center. Indian Journal of Medical and Pediatric Oncology. Year : 2017 Volume : 38 Issue : 4 Page : 466-470
- Linu Abraham Jacob, MC Suresh Babu, KC Lakshmaiah, K Govind Babu, D Lokanatha, LK Rajeev, KN Lokesh, AH Rudresha, Ankit Agarwal, Sunny Garg. Multiple myeloma: Experience of an institute in limited resource setting. Indian Journal of Cancer. Year : 2017 Volume : 54 Issue : 1 Page : 340-342.
- Sunny Garg, Sourav Mishra, Ravi Tondon, Kamlakar Tripathi. Hodgkin’s Disease presenting as alopecia. International Journal of Trichology. Accepted on 17/05/2012. Manuscript No. ijt_25_12.
- Neeraj Varyani, Anubhav Thukral, Sunny Garg, Kailash Kumar Gupta, Ravi Tandon, Kamlakar Tripathi. Atypical Neurofibroma and Osteosclerotic Metastasis. Case Reports in Oncological Medicine. Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 301437, 4 pages doi:10.1155/2012/301437.
- Neeraj Varyani, Sunny Garg, Kamlakar Tripathi, Lalit Prashant Meena, Uma Shankar Rath, Sourav Mishra, Garima Gupta. Mixed Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax infection with acute viral hepatitis in two brothers: A rare occurrence. International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. Vol 4(1), pp. 1-5, 26 january, 2012.
- Neeraj Varyani, Sunny Garg, Garima Gupta, Shivendra Singh, and Kamlakar Tripathi. Trichotillomania and Dermatitis Artefacta: A Rare Coexistence. Case Reports in Psychiatry. Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 674136, 3 pages doi:10.1155/2012/674136.
- K. Agrawal, Pankaj Jain, Sunny Garg. Primary empty sella with isolated ACTH deficiency and microprolactinoma. July 2012, Vol. 28, No. 7 , Pages 568-569 (doi:10.3109/09513590.2011.650663).
- Sunny Garg, Mousumi Kundu, Amit Nandan Dhar Dwivedi, Lalit Prahant Meena, Neeraj Varyani, Kamlakar Tripathi. Visceral leishmaniasis or Systemic Lupus Erythematosus flare? Accepted on 30-07-2012. Case reports in Immunology.
- Lalit Prashant Meena, Abhishek Pathak, Sunny Garg, Madhukar Rai. Rifampicin Induced Fever (Article ID:I21008). International Organization of Scientific Research.
- NK Agrawal, Sunny Garg. Cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis: a rare disorder with a rare presentation. BMJ Case Reports 2012; 10.1136/bcr-2012-006202.
- Neeraj Varyani, Suchi Tripathi, Anubhav Thukral, Manish Mishra, Sunny Garg, Kamlakar Tripathi, Amit Nandan D Dwivedi. Correlation of Serum Endothelial Dysfunction Markers with CT Angiographic Findings in Ischemic Stroke. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease (2012)811-815.
- Amit Nandan Dhar Dwivedi, Suchi Tripathi, Sunny Garg, V. K. Dixit. A rare isolated polycystic pancreatic disease. Radiation free diagnostic protocol in selected cases. Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism. (2012) Volume 16, Issue 6.
- Sunny Garg, Richik Tripathi, Kamlakar Tripathi. Oral mucosal involvement in visceral leishmaniasis. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine. Manuscript ID APJTM-2012-0163.
- Amit Nandan Dhar Dwivedi, Madhu Jain, Suchi Tripathi, Sunny Garg, Shivi Jain. Diagnostic accuracy of Sonosalpingography for assessing tubal pathology in women with secondary infertility taking laparoscopy as gold standard. Surgical Science. Paper ID 2300383.
- Amit Nandan Dhar Dwivedi, Kanika Goel, Suchi Tripathi, Madhukar Rai, Sunny Garg. Primary neuroendocrine mediastinal tumor presenting with carcinoid syndrome and left supraclavicular lymphadenopathy. Clinico-radiological and pathological features [Pubmed]
- Kamlakar Tripathi, Sunny Garg, Lalit Prashant Meena, Mousumi Kundu. Chronic Kidney Disease and Anemia. Volume 26, Chapter 44, Page 435-443. Postgraduate Medicine – Association of Physicians of India.
- Awadhesh K. Arya, Suchi Tripathi, Deepa Pokaharia, Sunny Garg, Kamlakar Tripathi. Can Diabetic Nephropathy be Prevented in Young Type 2 Diabetes? Chapter in book published by Research Society for Study of Diabetes in India.
- Sunny Garg, Awadhesh Arya, Kamlakar Tripathi. Diabetic Neuropathy-Epidemiology and Patho-mechanism. Macmillans Diabetology and Metabolic Syndrome Reference Series.
Presentations and Conferences
- Third Prize in Poster presentation at “Converge 2015” held at Oberoi, Gurgaon in August 2015.
- Oral presentation on the topic “Impact of Rituximab addition to CHOP in DLBCL on IHC prognostic factors” at Asian Clinical Oncology Society in April 2016.
- Poster Presentation on the topic “Risk Stratification of Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma” at European Society of Medical Oncology ASIA conference held at Singapore in Dec 2015.
- Poster presentation on “Colorectal cancer presenting as ovarian metastasis” at annual International Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology conference in 2015.
- Poster presentation on “Colorectal cancer presenting as bone metastasis” at annual International Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology conference in 2016.
- Participated as a Delegate in CME on AN INTERNATIONAL UPDATE on PLASMA CELL DYSCRASIAS at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology in Feb 2017.
- Participated in the 11th Young Medical Oncologist Meet held at Vishakhapatnam in September, 2016.
- Participated as a Delegate in CME on Lymphohematopoietic Neoplasms at Karnataka Medical Council in June 2016.
- Participated as a Delegate in CME Update on Lung Cancer at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology in September 2015.