Signs and Symptoms
The most common site for the development of STSs includes limbs (43%), visceral organs (19%), retroperitoneum (15%), the trunk (10%), and head and neck region (9%). Any one or more of the above symptoms if present may require further investigations to confirm the diagnosis-
- The most common symptom of STS is a painless slow-growing mass. In about one-third cases the mass may be painful.
- A pain in the abdomen or in the affected organ/tissue that usually gets worse over time.
- Blood in vomitus, urine, or stool depending upon the site of the tumor.
- Obstruction of the gastrointestinal tract by a tumor may lead to change in bowel habit, indigestion, feeling of fullness, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, and other related symptoms.
- Obstruction of blood vessels by a growing tumor may cause fluid retention, edema, or swelling in the related area drained by the affected blood vessel.
- Tumors affecting the eyes may cause blurred vision or other vision-related problems.
- Unexplained weight loss, anemia, fatigue, and weakness may develop in some cases due to chronic blood loss.
Best Sarcoma Specialist in Delhi
Dr Sunny Garg is a renowned Medical Oncologist in New Delhi with an experience of around 10 years of treating sarcoma patients. He has treated soft tissue sarcoma patients with Chemotherapy, Targeted Therapy, Immunotherapy and Personalized Cancer Treatment. He is currently practicing at Manipal Hospital, Dwarka.
Diagnostic modalities available at our hospital include Ultrasound or CT guided Biopsy, Genetic/Molecular testing, Cytogenetics, Whole Body PET CT, etc. Other treatment facilities for Soft Tissue Sarcoma available are Surgical Resection, Radiation Therapy, etc.
Call +91 9686813020 for appointment.