Skin cancer is one of the most common cancers in the United States. Melanoma counts for 1% of all skin cancer types. In skin cancer, the skin cells start to grow abnormally and form a mass called a tumor. The news of skin cancer diagnosis can come as an absolute shock to anyone and can leave that person feel depressed and alone. Sometimes a small ray of hope can do wonders, and with this thought in mind, here we have compiled a list of best 30 inspirational skin cancer quotes from survivors and fighters.
Read these motivational quotes about skin cancer till the end. We are quite sure that you will love them. Remember, there is life after cancer. It can never define who you are.
You might want to gain more information on cancer and its treatment, information on various side effects of cancer and it’s treatment and survivor stories of hope and motivation.
30 Best Inspirational Skin Cancer Quotes
1. It’s not just Skin caner when it’s the largest organ of your body.”
2. “When you’re younger, you don’t believe in it, but it’s really so important to stay out the of sun as much as you can. Like if you wanna get tan, you can get a spray tan and not get skin cancer.” – Nina Agdal
3. “In 2012, I was diagnosed with melanoma – skin cancer – and had to get surgery on my left foot. I was out for four weeks – no dancing, no walking, nothing! It was horrible, but it taught me patience and to never take for granted the simple things we have.” – Witney Carson
4. “We all live in fear of cancer, but to be told you have skin cancer was terrifying.” – Stephanie Beacham
5. “Skin cancer became personal to my family when my father was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma.” – Landon Donovan
6. “When it rains it pours and when it shines you get melanoma.”
7. “The only reason I’ve ever had to wear a hat is to avoid skin cancer.” – Justine Larbalestier
8. “Thoughts flit in and out of my mind like floating white dandelion seed-heads. What if the mole is cancerous?”
― Helen Libby
9. “All minorities think they’re immune, but we’re absolutely part of the one in five that gets skin cancer! It’s a myth, and myths are meant to be debunked!” – Gabrielle Union
10. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live. – Stuart Scott.
11. “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: You haven’t. –Thomas Edison.”
12. “Be thankful for this day. You are here, breathing and living life. Even if it’s not the life you want or hoped for, it’s life. There’s always something to be thankful for.”
13. “I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” – Galileo.
14. “Broken crayons still color. Nobody’s perfect.”
15. “Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.” – Oprah
16. “I do all of this because of a tiny spot on my head that only measured as small around as a pencil and as thick as a nickel. For me, my melanoma was not just a nightmare – it was a wake-up call that any spot can be evil. I am a prime example of that. And I have the scars to prove it.” – Rachel
17. “Tell others about the good, the bad, and the ugly in your battles with skin cancer. We can encourage friends and family members to practice sun safety. We can lead by example.” – Judy
18. “Everyday is a gift and I can’t go back and change anything but I can spread the word and NOT feel alone anymore.” – Mishele
19. “The sun sucks. I used to love the sun, but now I hate it because it just wants to kill everything. I always tell everyone, if you don’t want to do skincare, fine, but at least put sunscreen on. The reason why we have little freckles, skin cancer, and wrinkles is because of the sun.” – (Amber Liu said)
20. “I am going to fight this beast and take it down! I will not let cancer defeat me.”
21. “Another basal cell carcinoma. Thanks to frequent body checks and amazing doctors, all is well. Looks worse with the dressing on than off. I swear!” – Hugh Jackman
22. “I remember my Auntie Martha had skin cancer so bad they removed her nose. My father had basal skin cancer and my brother had it. It’s tricky with this skin cancer. That’s why you’ve got to put the sunblock on.” – Diane Keaton
23. “I had eight inches of skin removed.” – Khole Kardashian
24. ”I don’t want my pain and struggle to make me a victim. I want my battle to make me someone else’s hero.”
25. ”There is a ‘Can’ in Cancer because we CAN beat it!”
26.”Fight each round, take it on the chin. And never never never give in.”- Olivia Newton
27. ”Keep your sunny side up, keep yourself beautiful, and indulge yourself.”- Betsey Johnson
28. “I won’t let cancer define me, but I’ll use my journey to help others.”
29. “Through embracing my situation, I took back the power.”
30. “Just because I can’t control what life throws at me, doesn’t mean I can’t control how I handle it.”